Layered Fiesta Casserole
Recipe & picture courtesy of Kraft Foods
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 50 min
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Brown meat with peppers in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet. Stir in salsa, tomatoes and corn.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish; top with 6 tortillas, overlapping as necessary. Cover with layers of half each of the remaining meat mixture and cheese; top with remaining tortillas and meat mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese; let stand 5 min. or until melted.
Notes & Comments: This is a great one dish meal, I chopped up half of an onion and added it to the mix as well. I also used canned corn instead of frozen corn because I dislike frozen corn. It’s great as leftovers too!