Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Recipe & picture courtesy of Paula Deen
Cook Time: 55 min
Yield: 1 (9 by 5-inch) loaf
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.
- Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes. Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
Notes & Comments: This wasn’t as firm as most meatloafs usually come out but it tasted wonderful. I cut the raw bacon before cooking it, this let it cook quicker and skipped crumbling them. I just put them in as cut which made for a nice crunch in the meatloaf. A good idea for another option is to use cheddar cheese cubes instead of shredded cheese, that gives a nice burst of flavor. Also feel free to “make it healthier” by using ground turkey or chicken instead of ground hamburger, turkey bacon instead of pork bacon and low fat/no fat cheese, mayonnaise. You get the idea!