Recipe & picture courtesy of Food Network – Paula Deen
Prep 10 min
Cook 30 min
Total: 40 min
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6-ounce) box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Notes & Comments: One of the biggest changes I would make for next time is to season the chicken when you cook it. I chopped up three chicken breasts and just cooked them in EVOO. Next time I will add some spice to the EVOO while they’re cooking – the chicken was sort of bland. It was good though – we served it to guests and the two kids (4 & 2) both ate it. I will make this again with a few tweaks to the recipe. It was good!